How to Break In a New Kayak

Started by gitano, August 29, 2018, 09:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

I got my wife a kayak for her birthday, so naturally I had to have one too so that we could kayak together without me having to borrow one. I got mine on the water (Lake Lucille), for the first time today. Spent a few hours circumnavigating the lake (4 miles). As we were headed back in, a couple of good-sized rainbows decided to jump right in front of us. I figured it was "a sign".

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

Beautiful. It's always a good idea to have a gun & fishing equipment when out like that. Beautiful lake too. In picture #3 it looks like it'll spill over the side if it gets much deeper. Looks like snow on the mountains. Thanks for sharing your day with us. ......Paul H  .....The girl at the PO said you'll get a package Saturday.  .......ph.....

sakorick

I don't think I would get along with one of those but it sure looks like fun. What did you catch him on?
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

JaDub

You sure you weren`t wacking  `em in the head with the paddle in self defense ??? :stars:

gitano

Quote from: sakorick;151491 What did you catch him on?
My favorite spinning lure - Thomas Bouyant - "rainbow trout" version. https://www.fishusa.com/product/Thomas-Buoyant-Lures

Quote from: JaDubYou sure you weren`t wacking `em in the head with the paddle in self defense ???
I don't know why the rod can't be seen in the first fish picture. There was a very good caddis hatch, and some other smaller fly I didn't get my hands on, but they weren't taking ANYTHING off the top.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jamie.270

Quote from: gitano;151493
My favorite spinning lure - Thomas Bouyant - "rainbow trout" version. https://www.fishusa.com/product/Thomas-Buoyant-Lures

Paul
Those were killers in the Keno Reach of the Klamath River back in the day.

Bumped along the bottom in the riffles at feeding time made for an exciting morning!

Or drop one into an eddy behind a large rock and HANG ON!

Seems to me we used to put a small split shot on the line about 12-18" ahead of them, to adjust the angle, depending on the flow rate.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Looks like you could bolt a motor on that transom...
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

gitano

Quote from: j0e_bl0ggs;151497Looks like you could bolt a motor on that transom...
I'm working on some sort of motor mount. Primarily for trolling.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Thought that might be why you bought a square ended kayak...
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

Jorge in Oz

Nice way to break the new kayak in. What beautiful surroundings.

Enjoy.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

Tags: