Sad story

Started by sakorick, October 10, 2018, 02:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

On Dec 7, 1941 on a peaceful Sabbath day, Seaman 2d Class Harold Lloyd Head was asleep on the Battleship Oklahoma in Pearl Harbor. In an instant, 429 crew died including Harold. It took 79 years to finally ID his remains only possible with recent medical discoveries. Today, with full military honors, He was put to rest in the War Mother's cemetery plot in Laclede, Missouri. I represented Linneus Post 538, American Legion at the funeral. The city procession route was lined with over 500 US Flags. May he finally rest in peace.

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

:biggthumpup:

Lookin' sharp, soldier!

Paul

PS - You had to get that John Deere in there didn't ya!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

I get the feeling Rick don't go anywhere unarmed...
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

Bill Thibeault

Good on you, Rick!  The US Military has always taken care of its own.  "Leave no one behind."

Have you seen the video where many of the Pearl Harbor survivors, when they die, have their ashes returned for burial at the Memorial?  Very moving.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."(George Orwell)

Paul Hoskins

Never forget our military veterans.    ......Paul H

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

I hope that I did not come across as a boor not appreciating your gesture Rick.
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

gitano

Don't know about Rick, but I did not interpret your comment as boorish or otherwise 'off color'. I thought it was amusing.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Quote from: gitano;151769Don't know about Rick, but I did not interpret your comment as boorish or otherwise 'off color'. I thought it was amusing.

Paul
Very amusing!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Tags: