Llano John Tally

Started by mountainbiker, September 21, 2019, 04:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountainbiker

Hey guys,
                     This is Andy Dear, John Tally's cousin. It's been several years since my last update. Sorry for staying away for so long. John is still alive, and in the nursing home in Comfort Texas. In fact I am sitting here with him as I type this. His memory has faded quite a bit.... barely remembers me, and even then has to be reminded who I am. He does however still maintain that his favorite cartridge is the .257 Roberts! He doesn't speak much if at all, and like I say his mental faculties have faded quite a lot. I'll try better to check in more often as I know he was very fond of this board, and all of you. If any of you would like to stay in touch directly, my personal email is flyfisherman@live.com.

Best Regards,

Andy

sakorick

Thanks for the update on John, Andy. Paul said our body dies while our faith strengthens. God bless you for watching over him. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

mountainbiker

It's truly my privelege Rick.....these days the visits are as much or more for  my benefit than his. I usually just sit there and watch TV while he sleeps. But it makes me feel better knowing he's not alone, even if only for a little while.
I feel bad about not keeping you guys better informed, but life seems to really have gotten in the way the last few years.

Will try to do better going forward

Andy

Paul Hoskins

Andy, I really appreciate the update in John. Too many of our members are missing from the forum in the past few years. I miss all of them. Come to think of it, I don't have any "old friends" left anywhere any more. .......Again, thank you. ......Paul H

Nelsdou

Andy,

I miss him too. Thanks for sharing.

Nels
Put it into perspective; we live on a rock hurtling through space, what could be scarier than that?

Jamie.270

QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

gitano

Be sure to pass on to him as much as possible that we here at THL think of him often, and miss his presence.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jamie.270

Happy Birthday Ol' John.

We're missin' you around here, and hoping for the best for you on this special day.

Take care of him Andy.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

mountainbiker

Just wanted you guys to know that my cousin John Tally aka LlanoJohn passed away this morning 10/29/2020.

Andy

Paul Hoskins

Thank you, Andy. Sure is a bummer but life isn't forever for any of us. R I P old friend. ......Paul H

gitano

Thanks for the info, Andy.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: