Late Rut!

Started by sakorick, November 13, 2019, 12:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

Just what the doctor ordered. The season opens late this year and the big bucks are finally on the move. Here are a few recent pictures. The last picture is a 150-160 class WTD!
[ATTACH]15863[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15864[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15865[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]15866[/ATTACH]
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Paul Hoskins

Well, I can't get the pictures to open. I liked our original system. The pictures were THERE. ......Our deer gun season opened last Saturday. Bucks were everywhere last week. Only a couple bucks on the camera since then. Just does lately. Go get'em, Rick & guest.  ......Paul H....

gitano

I think the picture problem you're having, Paul, is your computer's firewall. The pictures Rick posted ARE "there". Most firewalls won't 'go' off the site you start on. This prevents a 'bad guy' from getting on a site like THL and 'diverting' someone to their bad site. Pictures are an easy method of diverting urls

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

Paul, you're probably right. I have Webroot anti virus protection and it seems to be  extreme in protection. At times I feel it's taking over my computer. I suspect it's a bit over zealous.   ......Paul H......

gitano

I think I prefer "over zealous" to lackadaisical when it comes to firewalls. However, your firewall can be taught to allow pictures from THL. Your service provider might be willing to help you with that. I'm pretty sure I can't do it from 'afar'.

Back on topic, I've decided that I'm not taking meat back to Alaska this year. (Imagine that. :grin:) Therefore, I've committed to not shooting anything that I wouldn't hang on the wall. I certainly hope to see one like the buck in that last picture!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Nelsdou

I got the pics to open but I had to click on each one and relog back into the forum.

Nice bucks Rick. Are your food plots making a difference?

I took a hike this afternoon in a nearby park with creek side trail about 1:30pm. Saw a number of deer on the move.
Put it into perspective; we live on a rock hurtling through space, what could be scarier than that?

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Quote from: Paul Hoskins;154243Well, I can't get the pictures to open. I liked our original system. The pictures were THERE. ......Our deer gun season opened last Saturday. Bucks were everywhere last week. Only a couple bucks on the camera since then. Just does lately. Go get'em, Rick & guest.  ......Paul H....

These images are hosted by the forum (and the way that works that has not changed) as opposed to externally hosted links.
It is unlikely that you have something blocking the php (attachment) script (in the forum software - because you are viewing and posting on the forum).
It is likely a browser / forum setting rather than a firewall problem. Caveat, No experience of webroot products.
Latest browsers are a lot more security 'twitchy'.
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

gemihur

... a nice Buck

gitano

That is indeed a nice buck!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gemihur

Thank you, sir.
I was in the right place at the right time.
Luck was with me that morning.

Paul Hoskins

Congrat's gemihur. Good looking buck. I have a ML rifle that looks a lot like that one around here somewhere. Bought it years ago but never shot it. ......Paul H

Tags: