I'm OK With That...

Started by gitano, January 31, 2020, 02:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

I'm going to imitate the Hornady Hornet ammo and hopefully get their precision as well. The 35-grain V-Max bullets in the Hornady factory ammo I have, have cannelures. The bullets they sell for reloading don't. That concerns me. Nevertheless, that's not the subject of this post.

I went looking on-line for the Hornady V-Max, 35-grain, MPN #22252 bullets. The 'local' (Anchorage) Cabelas has them in stock, so, online, I put two boxes in the 'cart'. Shipping was going to be $10+. Hmm... I didn't want to make a 110-mile RT to south Anchorage that would cost about $16 in gas plus the time wasted on the road. However, there was a note that if I added something worth $10.02 or more to my cart, (making the total at least $50), shipping would be free.:yes: I found a Shakespeare ice-fishing Ugly Stik for $13. Added to my cart, the shipping went to zero. That makes the Ugly Stik $3 and I get the bullets and rod delivered to my 'door' for free. :grin:

Like I said, I'm OK with that.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

That's a good deal & a smart move on your part. I like Hornady bullets for varmints. The Hornady ammo for the 204 Rugerr I built  is just as accurate & consistent as anything I can load myself. It's also the most accurate & consistent ammo I've found  for my 17 HRM's too. ......I recently tried ordering a 6 inch CFS swivel base milling machine vise off epay that was listed for $89.99 with free shipping from Indy. Indiana. What a bargain. Then they tell me there's a 60 dollar shipping fee. I ain't going for that. The little neighbor lady looked at it on her computer & ordered it for me with NO shipping fee but sales tax of 7 percent. I don't know how she managed that but I'm ok with it. It should be here by Feb. 7th. I love that kid.   ......Paul H .....

gitano

Small 'victories' for us Paul, but in the world today, I'll take 'em where I can get 'em.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

I'm okay buying enough stuff to get free shipping or hazmat. Costs way more than $16 to get from here to Vernal or GJ  and back. The selection for most anything reloading is better in my gun room than any two stores combined in Craig. :angry:

Now if I had to go to Home Depot .  .  .  .  .

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

sakorick

I'm lucky in that the KCK Cabelas is 4 miles from Eric. I'm heading there after Church tomorrow for the Super Bowl party and usually stop in when I'm in town.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

You may recall that they didn't have any of the Hornady .22 Hornet ammo when we checked there last week. Which is the main reason I want to develop a handload as good as the Hornady factory ammo.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

When Rick and I were in Delta Junction hunting bison, I had need of buying long johns - AGAIN - and we stopped in the local (and only) sporting goods store in Delta Junction. Both of us were slack-jawed when we saw the selection of powder for reloading. Honest to goodness, I have NEVER seen a selection that comprehensive ANYWHERE; including big places like Cabelas and Bass Pro Shops or Sportsman's Warehouse. It was genuinely surprising. Especially in a little podunk town you could throw a rock across.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

Paul, that's really surprising, especially in a small outback town. Must be a LOT of handloaders in the vicinity. Could be ammo is scarce or unavailable too.......Paul H

Jamie.270

If you gotta pay a HazMat fee, you might as well spread it out over as many SKUs as possible.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

Tags: