How is everyone?

Started by branxhunter, April 04, 2020, 01:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

branxhunter

Seems like it has been quiet here.

How is everyone? How hunkered down are you?

Here in Victoria, Australia the government brought in stage 3 restrictions about a week ago; must stay at home with only 4 exceptions, being medical needs, shopping for essentials, exercise, or work that can't be done from home. Social distancing of at least 1.5m from others. Groups of people of no more than 2, families exempted. As of late last week hunting, fishing and boating are not allowed.

We feel very blessed to live on 40 acres and in a rural setting so still can move around in the local area, grow some of our own food etc. Last Friday I set up my work laptop and dual screens in the reloading room and worked from home, will probably do so for 2-3 days/wk for the next few weeks/months with the rest of the time spent in the office (relatively remote from general population, small team, many controls in place).

What are you all doing in these strange times?

Marcus

gitano

Being retired, and something if a recluse anyway, not much actual change for me. Sue CAN NOT spend more than 24h in the house. She is able still to ride her bikes and ski without too many restrictions. Other than that, not much going on. I have been doing things in my wood shop that have been long put off.

I have some concern for the health of the global economy, so I have been buying some things that I I postponed for a while. I want to get them now while what money I have still has value.
Mostly tools. I am still looking for a GOOD circular saw blade sharpener. I think one of the good ones is made in Oz actually, but overseas shipping nowadays is wacko. Even 'local 'Amazon PRIME shipping is a month out. There may be no shipping at all in a month. :eek:

I don't recall the months that your public schools are in session. Ours run from essentially September to June - fall to spring. Are yours in session then, or do you run from March to December - your fall to spring?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

Marcus, I'm  like Gitano to a considerable extent. Always been more or less a loner. I'm happy  just being close to Muffin. She keeps me sorted out.(most of the time.) Few restrictions on socializing so far. Lots of businesses  laying people off work because of the drop in the economy. Lots of people working from home. My next door neighbor lady works from home. Her daughter, a nurse, visited me  today just because she wanted see "dad." The hospital has her working from home too. Strange & fearful world we live in today. ......Stay safe down there. .......Paul H

branxhunter

Quote from: gitano;154857I don't recall the months that your public schools are in session. Ours run from essentially September to June - fall to spring. Are yours in session then, or do you run from March to December - your fall to spring?

Paul

The school year over here is made up of four terms; last week was supposed to be the first week of the term 1 holidays. Due to COVID-19 the holidays started a week early. Term 2 starts next week but the kids will be logging in remotely from home.

Marcus

Jamie.270

We aren't stir-crazy yet.

But we're getting kinda stir-cranky, between the cool wet weather and limited options for activities.

And trying desperately to not eat our way into needing entirely new wardrobes.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

Tags: