Another Granny ????

Started by Paul Hoskins, June 04, 2020, 03:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hoskins

[The last time I ever saw Granny was around the middle of April last spring. She would have been eight years old if she lived till June of that year. This morning just as it was getting a bit light outside, Muffin saw a deer out by the corner of the garden & thought it was Granny. I could only see it by using the binoculars since they gather light pretty good. It did look like Granny but looked younger. I picked up the camera & looked at  her & took a picture. This doe is almost identical to Granny. Same white circles around her eyes, lots of white  on the legs, belly & chest. Pretty sure  it is one of Granny's offspring. Even has Granny's demeanor. Pretty much ignores us but stares at  the new neighbor's house like Granny always did. Both know there's dogs there. ......Granny always came to the house in early morning & snacked on her corn while Muffin & I sat on the back porch & had coffee and chatted.  She was only 30 feet away & had no fear of us. Granny  is the first picture. Sorry about the quality of the pictures but I can't see very good any more. .....;Paul H

gitano

"We" all learn from our parents.

I agree that it is highly likely that this doe is the offspring of 'Granny'.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jorge in Oz

"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

Paul Hoskins

Well, I thought the "new granny" was a last year's baby but apparently I was wrong. Just before noon today she came home with TWO babies in tow. Normally a doe's first born  is a single & twins each year afterward. The old "granny" had 9 babies in six years.  Like all baby deer, these are ornery little devils. Plunder everything. I suppose she brought them out to show them where the corn bowl & mineral block can be found. .......Paul H .....

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: