Mink!

Started by sakorick, August 11, 2020, 07:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

Kenny my neighbor has a camera right on our border and got this picture the other night. This is the 3d one we've see this year. The Chicken lady up the road has been complaining about something getting into her chickens.....anybody want to take bets?
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

VERY COOL!

I need to move to Missouri...

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Here's our 3 legger. Our property line are the trees in the background. He got a picture of him last week and I saw him on Monday.

Paul Hoskins

Rick, I can't see good enough to tell what three legs is but  it appears to be a juvenile coyote. It also appears to have a small tail too. Possibly a birth deformity. I know juvenile coyotes & foxes don't have the full bushy tails   like adults do. ......Mink & weasels can raise havoc  in a chicken coop at night. I still like them & weasels of all stripes. Caught  lots of mink while trapping as a kid growing up. .......Paul H ....

Jamie.270

Having mink around almost always insures you don't have rats, so if I had chickens I'd learn to tolerate the minks.
But my only direct experience with minks was not a pleasant one, involving the bilge of a boat and the smell of dead fish the minks who resided there, had been eating.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

sakorick

Quote from: Paul Hoskins;155203Rick, I can't see good enough to tell what three legs is but  it appears to be a juvenile coyote. It also appears to have a small tail too. Possibly a birth deformity. I know juvenile coyotes & foxes don't have the full bushy tails   like adults do. ......Mink & weasels can raise havoc  in a chicken coop at night. I still like them & weasels of all stripes. Caught  lots of mink while trapping as a kid growing up. .......Paul H ....

Paul, If you look close, the yote is missing the lower shin and foot off the R rear leg.

Paul Hoskins

Thanks Paul. I still couldn't see the defect even with my 2x reading glasses & a magnifying glass. I downloaded the image & magnified it & finally  saw the difugilty it has. Odd but I like yotes with no head best. My eyes are about shot. .....Paul H ...

Tags: