Camera Remote Control

Started by gitano, February 23, 2021, 03:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

I  recently purchased a remote controller for my DSLR camera with the  intent to get close-up photos of birds at my feeders and to make  time-lapse photo series. I am very pleased with the one I got. Below are  some of the first photos shot using the controller. These were shot  through the glass of a french door. Given the ambient temperature,  (anywhere from below zero to about +20F), the camera battery fades way  too fast with the camera outdoors. Indoors, it will last all day at  least. So, these are as focused as they can be through a window, but  they'll do until the weather warms up.

Here are some black-capped chickadees (Poecile atricapillus)

A pine grosbeak (Pinicola eucleator) female

Some Red-breasted nuthatches (Sitta canadensis) with some common redpolls (Carduelis flammea)

Some just nuthatches

And some just redpolls

There will be more grosbeak pictures coming, as well as some time-lapse stuff. Stay tuned

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

Interesting stuff. Is the remote manual or automatic?     I have a manual operated remote on a high speed Nikon SLR camera. Really nice but useless for me any more because I can't see thru a SLR viewfinder any more. ......I've only seen one redbreaste nuthatch  in my life. All nuthatches are fascinating to me. Like the bark creepers, they can walk in any direction, even hanging upside down on the bottom of a limb. .......It seems to me that any good electronics geek could hook a motion detector alarm to a camera & take pictures automatically too. .......Paul H

gitano

It can be set to take pictures at regular intervals, but it does NOT have a motion sensor. The challenge for someone wanting to make their own connection to a motion sensor to trigger the shutter, is communicating with the camera. The companies that make the remotes could do it easily because they are already 'talking' to the camera.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

I'm bringing the DSLR and remote with me when I come down so we can set it up on your feeders. In fact, I did buy another one. :D

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

By the way, Paul, you can now buy "Trail"  cameras for $3 more than this remote controller. In other words, $49. As you know, they are designed to be motion sensors. Just a thought.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

Tags: