Bionic ears

Started by Paul Hoskins, March 18, 2021, 02:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hoskins

I finally decided to try hearing aids. I don't like them but at least I can hear some better. There's still a lot of adjusting on them to get them 'right.' They may never be 'right' but I'm sure they can remove a lot of the 'static & clicking' noise in a conversation. Among other noises. Crushing a thin plastic water bottle sounds like a string of firecrackers going off. Even the tiniest noise is overly loud. I AM delighted to hear birds again. Muffin's voice sounds like it did 25 years ago too.

I ain't happy with the Beltone lady hearing test & sales lady at all. She is a con & scammer. They had three grades of  behind the ear aids. Grade one is 2 thousand for two Grade 2 is four grand. Grade 3  is 6 grand for two. I decided on grade two because she told me it came with a battery charger. The next day she called me & said she was mistaken because grade two doesn't come with a battery charger. If I wanted the one with a battery charger I had to buy the grade three at six grand. She said she "miss spoke." She;s a liar. Been selling them for over  6 years & didn't know that? Con artist & scammer. No way I'm paying 2 grand for a stinking two dollat battery charger.

I'll prolly have to make several trips up there to get them adjusted and get the crinkling sound out of them but so far so good. .......Paul H

JaDub

The world is full of scammers.  I wish people would just do `the right thing`.  I know, I`m dream`n.  8-(

JaDub

Hunterbug

Misspoke is what politicians say when they lie.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Paul Hoskins

Yeah, It would be nice if people did the right thing. Seems like everyone lies any more. Patrick, after meeting the young lady, I felt a dislike for her  almost immediately. I'm too blind to see how to drive any more. Mufin took me up for my appointment & soon as we walked into the joint, the lady came out & told us she had a patient in her office & instructed us to wait outside in the Pathfinder till she came out & asked us to come in. There was seven chairs in the waiting room & not a single patient. Mistake # one. Later she came out & told us we could come in. She talked down to us like a cop or like a  nun chastising a student in a classroom. Mistake # two. Every word she said was followed by "Okay?" That's when I unloaded on her. " I'm 85 years old, not five. What's with all this Ok, OK stuff?  She looked stunned & had a Joe Biden moment. She finally stammered that she just wanted to know if we understood her. I told her it just sounded like a stupid bad habit. I  finished by telling her I don't cater to PC Gestapo, I'm pretty coarse in some of my words & not much for  diplomacy when irritated but not hard to understand even by an idiot. I think she got the message but not  sure.

Politicians never admit they lied. They all mis speak but you never heard Sheik Hussein Obama say he mis read his teleprompter. .......Paul H

Jamie.270

Quote from: Paul Hoskins;155637Yeah, It would be nice if people did the right thing. Seems like everyone lies any more. Patrick, after meeting the young lady, I felt a dislike for her  almost immediately. I'm too blind to see how to drive any more. Mufin took me up for my appointment & soon as we walked into the joint, the lady came out & told us she had a patient in her office & instructed us to wait outside in the Pathfinder till she came out & asked us to come in. There was seven chairs in the waiting room & not a single patient. Mistake # one. Later she came out & told us we could come in. She talked down to us like a cop or like a  nun chastising a student in a classroom. Mistake # two. Every word she said was followed by "Okay?" That's when I unloaded on her. " I'm 85 years old, not five. What's with all this Ok, OK stuff?  She looked stunned & had a Joe Biden moment. She finally stammered that she just wanted to know if we understood her. I told her it just sounded like a stupid bad habit. I  finished by telling her I don't cater to PC Gestapo, I'm pretty coarse in some of my words & not much for  diplomacy when irritated but not hard to understand even by an idiot. I think she got the message but not  sure.

Politicians never admit they lied. They all mis speak but you never heard Sheik Hussein Obama say he mis read his teleprompter. .......Paul H

Barry Hussein's administration took the "oops" excuse to new heights.
From illegal investigations to gun running to dead ambassadors, they were never held accountable for the so-called "mistakes" they made.

That's what happens when the media not only gives you a pass, but works overtime to smooth over your screwups, and drop your misdeeds down the memory hole.

Quite the contrast to their conduct towards his replacement.
The pendulum swung to the extreme opposite.

I hope your new bionic ears work out for you Don.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

gitano

Quote from: Hunterbug;155635Misspoke is what politicians say when they lie.

It's what they say when they get CAUGHT lying. They lie every time they speak.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

Well, more disappointment with the hearing aids. Less than two months old & the right one has quit working altogether. About what you can expect from Chinese made, Walmart junk. Monday I have an appointment to get it fixed or replaced. ......So much for modern "technology." It's just a different  word for bull dung & sales propaganda. ......Paul H

Jamie.270

Sorry to hear that Paul. (no pun intended)

Good luck with the fix.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

Tags: