Autumnal Equinox

Started by gitano, September 21, 2022, 07:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

Now six months of getting up in the dark.

Actually, it's going to be worse than that. This Spring, from May through July, was the best 'Summer' I can remember. I think there were three cloudy days. From August 1st through today, we have had constant rain or overcast skies. It was the "wettest" August on record, and it just continued into September. There have been 4 'partly cloudy' days since August 1st. It's just adding 9 weeks, (so far), into an already REALLY long Winter.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jamie.270

It's getting harder and harder to embrace "The Long Dreary."
Winters here are about 2 months too long.
Our summer was good and dry though, without excessive heat, unlike summer of '21, with its multiple heat waves.

Congrats to our friends "down under" though.  
Wishing you all a pleasant and prosperous spring and summer.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

Jorge in Oz

Must be hard Paul to fathom having so much darkness, we complain because our winter days are short here, at least there is plenty of daylight.

Thanks Jamie, spring is always nice. We expect a lot of rain Queensland throughout the summer so no doubt there will be floods. They are saying La Nina will bring the rain. The two major towns on either side of us flood pretty badly, so we always have to have a minimum 2 weeks worth of food as the roads get cut off.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

gitano

Each different locale on Earth is generally prepared, (as well as they can be), for their local weather. In my opinion, everyone has some form of "bad" weather. I've never been much for "we have worse weather than ____". But... dark ain't weather. While there is complimentary "light", it doesn't seem to compensate for the dark.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: