Dishtowels

Started by gitano, October 05, 2022, 08:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

Why does every dishtowel on the planet have the absorbency of aluminum foil?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Quote from: gitano;156720 Why does every dishtowel on the planet have the absorbency Dr of aluminum foil?

Paul

Because they paint them up with fruit and **** to make them look good!:Banghead:
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Jamie.270

AbsorbEncy is closely associated with porosity and as a result, reduces and/or negates the anti-microbial properties of the preferred material used for dishtowels, which is linen derived from flax.

Remember those old towels that said "rub don't blot" on the roll-dispenser in the restroom?

Linen towels don't blot up moisture worth a darn.

Surfaces in Food Prep Areas, (like in hospital (surgical) rooms, salons, barber shops etc) are breeding grounds for foreign bacteria.  Since dishtowels tend to be the go-to for quick wipedowns of FPAs, they shouldn't be terribly absorbent.  They want them to retain their anti-microbial properties.

If you substitute a clean cotton terrycloth hand towel to do the dish wiping/drying, you'll notice they stay wet/damp much longer.  Moist materials are prime breeding medium for bacteria.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

gitano

Then 1) don't call them "dish" towels, and 2) no one will succeed in convincing me that ANY UNTREATED CLOTH is better at deterring bacteria growth than any other cloth.

That spelling didn't look right so I looked it up. "It" said "ancy". But... The word IS "absorbent".

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: