j0e_bl0ggs in the Hospital

Started by gitano, December 14, 2022, 09:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

I just got word that j0e_bl0ggs was taken to the emergency room last night. A couple of months ago, he sustained a bad burn on his lower leg, from a space heater at work. It's now badly infected, he has sepsis, and his liver is also infected. From what I'm told, "it's not life threatening", but he is hospitalized at the moment. I'll keep THL posted as I learn  more.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jamie.270

Whoa, bad news indeed.
A case of sepsis and an infected liver that's not life threatening is a new one on me.

Get well soon j0e! It's Christmas Time.  Not a great time to be in hospital.

Thanks for letting us know Paul.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

Brithunter

Am very sorry to read this and rather fearful as it was the NHS's failure to deal with sepsis that killed Dad. The lucky part maybe that Joe is not as old as Dad was so may get better care and possibly the hospital where Joe is is hopefully better than the Pilgrim Hospital in Boston Lincolnshire.
Go Get them Floyd!

sakorick

Sounds pretty rough to me.....he is in my prayers.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Jamie.270

Any word yet on j0e's condition or progress?
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

gitano

There hadn't been much worth reporting, but...

He's out of ICU, but lots of issues still to be fully assessed. His potassium levels are down out of 'critical', but still high. There are several other issues that have been ID'd, but not assessed. He's not really out of the woods yet. The National Health System, in spite of what the US's lying Press says, is grim, at best. J0e_bl0ggs' actual survival remains at 50:50 - per my assessment from this side of the planet. The REALLY good news is that he has a friend (SmokeyJoe) there wrestling with the NHS and taking care of extra-hospital matters - dog, house, etc. Without that friend's intervention, he likely would be dead now. No exaggeration.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jamie.270

Thanks for the update.  :sweatdrop:  :Banghead:

Prayers on the way.

gitano

J0e-bl0ggs is doing better. He's out of the ICU, but still in the hospital, and will be for some time to come. (I wish I could fully relay how bad the NHS is in spite of what our lying Press spews.)

I think he's out of the woods with regard to living/dying, but he still has some serious issues to deal with. I don't know how much he would want "the world" to know, so I'll let my explanations stop there. I still haven't been able to speak with him directly, but he's in pretty good hands as far as family and friends goes.

If and when I hear more I'll post it here.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

I just keep shaking my head.

Alain has been in the hospital for two weeks. "Diagnosis" was "sepsis" along with SEVERAL other issues. Yesterday, Martin spoke with a doctor that was reviewing Alain's chart. The doctor asked, "Do you have any idea what the source of the infection is?" Martin said, "I assumed it was the burn on his leg." THE DOCTOR SAID, "WHAT BURN?" I kid you not! TWO WEEKS in the hospital, "they" don't know why the antibiotics aren't working on the infection, and the attending doctor doesn't know about the severe burn on Alain's leg that he got SEVERAL MONTHS AGO!

Heres the good news: FINALLY, they got a microbiologist to identify the specific infecting bacterium, (Morganella morgan). Therefore, they have FINALLY figured out what antibiotic to use. According to the doctor, "We're not worried about his heart. We're not worried about his spleen. His kidneys may not be functioning properly because we haven't been using the right antibiotics. They may "start right up when the infection is knocked back." The circulation in his legs is fine. So...

Provided the idiot GOVERNMENT doctors haven't screwed around long enough to kill him, and the RIGHT antibiotics get ahead of the sepsis, Alain could go home in a week or two.

I should hear from Martin this afternoon, and the doctor said the effect of the CORRECT antibiotics should be "very apparent within 24 to 48 hours." This afternoon will have been 24h.

More later.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jamie.270

"Anyone who has ever had to wait in line at the Post Office or the Dept. of Motor Vehicles knows why you don't want government in charge of your health care." -- President George H.W. Bush

Probably the smartest thing the man ever said.

Godspeed j0e. Get well soon.
And here's to a happier and healthier New Year.

sakorick

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Just heard from Martin: Alain's back in the ICU.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jorge in Oz

Sorry to hear about Alain, Paul, I'll be praying for him.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

gitano

He's still kickin', Jorge! I think he's too mean to die! ;)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Tags: