Martini Carbine

Started by Jay Edward (deceased), August 27, 2005, 11:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Edward (deceased)

Here is a Martini that I started some time ago.  It is already chambered in .50-85 with the extractors cut.  The stocks are installed but not shaped.  The barrel is 22 inches long, the buttstock is pre-lim cut for a steel buttplate.  The muzzle has a typical flat recessed crown and the barrel is straight tapered.

The Mannlicher style stock is straight grain Walnut with some figure.  This carbine was started for myself and I have not been able to get back to it due to other commitments.  Perhaps someday I will be able to get her done...probably just in time to pass it off to one of my sons.

The cartridge is the one listed in the 2nd image as ".50-90" and uses either the 450 grain bullet or the 535 grain bullet.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Brithunter

Jay,

Hmmm indeed! You need to:-

"Git er dun"
Go Get them Floyd!

Jay Edward (deceased)

May apologies for getting carried away.

sav17

I,ll see your "your nuts" and raise you an "I ,m jealous":D :D

............................Richie
happiness is a critter in the crosshairs

Jay Edward (deceased)

May apologies for getting carried away.

sav17

ok then I will have to fold and except the fact I have been beaten by the master;) :D
P.S Ive seen some fully floated barrels in my time but I dont think the rubber band and block of wood really cut,s it do you:p :D :D :D :D :D
Your limey friend...........................Richie

drinksgin (deceased)

Richie;
You do not understand these technical thingies, that is a vertical recoil absorber and deresonator, special target model!
Don ;D
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

sav17

Hi Don,

Where can I get one is it a D.I.Y conversion,do walmart do a kit,gonna have to fit one to my tikka t3 lite:D :D :D
..............................................Richie

kombi1976

Well, Jay, as my wife says when I win an argument by genuine logic and better reasoning...."YOU'RE YUCKY!!!!!" :frown :p
Having said that, check out my next post.............;)
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

Tags: