Olympic Peninsula Deer

Started by unknown_one, April 09, 2006, 05:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unknown_one

Anyone interested for 2006? I'd perfer rifle but I also have a bow.

Alboy

Been talking with Kanabal about elk during the black posder season and we are trying to get it all together for this year.

Do you think it worth while to pick up a deer tag at the same time? We will be hunting on the Penninsula some where.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

unknown_one

In 2005, the general muzzleloader elk and deer seasons were the same dates so it would make sense to buy the deer tag 'just in case'. The dates for 2006 have yet to be published, as far as I can tell. These dates are due out by May15th, 2006 though.

Do you have any ideas where on the peninsula yet?

Alboy

Thanks

Elk is the week of 1-7 Oct, I wll have to check but I think deer is the same.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

unknown_one

That is the early season and deer is exactly the same. The late seasons match also. I have the 2005 rule book here on my desk.

unknown_one

Quote from: unknown_one;43094Anyone interested for 2006? I'd perfer rifle but I also have a bow.

Updated for 2007. Didn't get one last year but it was not for a lack of trying.

Alboy

Unknown_one

Want to keep in touch. I will not be a realistic prospect this year. We are currently going though a merger so I am pretty strapped for time for hunting in 2007. I have been trying to get out to Washington for the last 3 years or so and have not given up yet.  I will start planning now for 2008 so kind of plan on some company next year. There will be 2-4 hunters in the group depencing on how we can get it set up. You up for that?
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

unknown_one

Thats cool, I am not planning on going anywhere soon.

I just went thru a merger from December to June. And now I gots a new job. They employed the chainsaw management method to profitablitily. Its a hot job market now so no big deal.

Alboy

LOOKS LIKE I WILL STAY HERE AT LEAST FOR THE SHORT TERM.

I move our stuff around the rest of the world I was a solo act, the company we are merging with is fleet size probably twice of our size and they had two guys. I really do not see it getting any smaller than that and get it done. My average week runs 50 hours on the easy side and 70 on the tougher side.

Exterran if you want to google them up.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

unknown_one

I worked for a company that made mortgage software, the down turn in the housing martket sealed their fate. Not too many companies buy software in a declining market. Now I work for an online travel company whose commercials end with a singing harmony of "Dot Com", not the silly little knome. (Though I think the knome commercials are funny).

unknown_one

Well the hunt is on. Rayonier opened up some gates to their private land out on the west end. Saw a couple of cow elk but nothing on a buck yet.

Alboy

Good luck on the hunt.

Are you restricted to boys only? To me it would not make a difference with a little lean toward a cow first.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

unknown_one

Quote from: Alboy;Good luck on the hunt.

Are you restricted to boys only? To me it would not make a difference with a little lean toward a cow first.

If you don't put in for some kind of drawing, you get only boy tags (I am talking about modern rifle only, I'd have to look up the regs on the others). Most of the other western states have a 'weighted lottery' system too and WA just adopted something similar.

Rayonier say they are keeping the gates open thru the end of elk (rifle) season. I may have to buy a tag.

unknown_one

The end of the rainbow. No pot-o-gold and appearantly no deer either.

This is on Rayonier private land looking out over the Hoko River towards Neah Bay.

unknown_one

Shameless 3rd year bump.

Including west end elk this year........

Tags: