guess what

Started by Hunterbug, May 10, 2006, 11:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunterbug

I went to pick up my oldest from school yesterday and she told me that she was staying late for a play. So since I had some time to kill I went to a local pawn shop. There I found a Remington 721 30-06 with a Weaver K4 for $169.00. So it is now on layaway. I can get in the neighborhood of 50 bucks for the scope on EBay which means I'm only into the rifle for 120 bucks. So now the question is what do I do with it? I wish that is was a short action but since it's a long action I'm thinking reboring it to a 338-06 or 8mm-06. Any other suggestions? They do have a 722 in 300 Savage for 225 with a apeture site on it. If I had taken that one I would go with 358 Winchester. Why do I always find these screaming deals in 30-06? Just once can't someone pawn a 300 H&H or something?
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Brithunter

Hey HB,

Have you considered that one of your buddies on HLF might be interested in that Weaver? I seem to recall that a number of the members like those old Weavers.:p ;)
Go Get them Floyd!

Hunterbug

I have thought about that. I like thoes scopes too and this one is real clear to look through. If I remember right this is the very gun that LlanoJohn is having rebored to 338-06. I would be interested to hear his thoughts.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

Niccolo Machiavelli

LLANOJOHN (deceased)

HB,

Good price for that rifle....;)   The rebore on mine has been done..just haven't shot it yet.

I do love the ol' Weaver steels!!  Have several of the 2.5X, 3X, 4X and 6X just waiting to be mounted on whatever strikes my fancy!

I considered the 35 Whelen also but decided on the 338-06 as I have the bullets and '06 brass is available and cheap!:D

Decisions..decisions..!!  Now its your turn!:cool:

Ol' John
Life Member-NRA-TSRA
Riflesmith-Bolt & Lever Centerfires Only
Left-Hand Creek Rifles
Mark Twain was right-"There is no such thing as too much good whiskey!"
My best advice.."Best to stay outta trees and offa windmills!"

M1Garand

Decisions, decisions...tough call, I don't know, 338-06 or 8mm-06?  I don't think you could go wrong with either.. flip a coin :D

Hunterbug

John, when do we get to see pictures?

Niccolo Machiavelli

buckshot roberts

:D HB good deal on the Rem, if let go of the scope, let me know I have a K 2.5 on my old savage, Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

sakorick

Anytime someone starts a thread off with "guess what" you can be sure that he bought a gun. Hunter's life corollary #1. Good buy by the way!:D Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Tags: