Colorado Elk Draw Results are up......

Started by Hiker, May 24, 2006, 07:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunterbug

I just looked and gitano and I both drew 4th season cow tags.:)
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

Maybe I'll be able to add elk to the list of N.A. big game I've taken. Of course if I don't, it'll all be HB's fault. :)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

Well, Youd better get your 338 ultramag and start practicing your 1000 yard shooting to have a prayer. ;) But if something happens to your rifle I'll have a 30-06 that you can use. In fact, I might "help" something happen just to see you use a 30-06. :p
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

Niccolo Machiavelli

buckshot roberts

:D Congrats to the both of ya, I won't know until july if I get one, LOL it;s always the bug's fault, In this state if you take one you can field dress it, but you can not move it until it's checked by the game police,:rolleyes: Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

recoil junky

That's great HB and Gitano!!! What area did you draw for??

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Hunterbug

R.J. we'll be in unit 2 4th season. I'm hoping for weather like I had there two years ago. Blue skys and I filled my tag opening day.

Niccolo Machiavelli

recoil junky

You'll be right next door!! Well almost. I live in area 4.
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Hunterbug

I've never hunted in area 4. I've hunted 2, 12 and 211.

Niccolo Machiavelli

buckshot roberts

;) HB we have 16 countys where you can take Elk, if you get a tag, however you may take elk in any county outside the restoration zone dyring deer season if you have a tag, an the 270 is the minimum caliber, If I dont get a tag I'll just take some out of state hunters to the field like me did two years ago, well the best to ya'll, Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Brithunter

Congratulaions Gitano and Hunterbug.

Hmmm now it's rifle choice time! be interesting to see what you decide upon!
Go Get them Floyd!

gitano

I'll be taking the .17 Rem for sure. ;)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Brithunter

Hmm well why not after all it has accounted for a fair few Caribou! But I do wonder what a Game Warden might think of it?
Go Get them Floyd!

Hiker

"I just looked and gitano and I both drew 4th season cow tags.:)"

Congrats! HB & Gitano.

Recoil junky, I've hunted 4 a few times and was blessed with some Wapiti. One of the strangest units I have ever been in, the Elk migrate after opening day and a few rifle shots.

gitano

I wuz gonna let this 'percolate' a bit before clarification, but maybe I shouldn't 'foment a riot'. :D

The reason "I'll be taking the .17 Rem for sure" is that we intend to get some coyote hunting in if the elk hunting turns out well. More than likely, I'll be taking either the Ruger M77 MKII in .338 WM, or the .338 MAI for elk. There are a couple of other rifles being considered, but their inclusion is unlikely at this point. We'll just have to wait and see how they turn out.

If I understand correctly, .17 caliber isn't legal for big game in Colorado.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: