Well i am late but...

Started by Brithunter, May 28, 2006, 02:43:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brithunter

Hi All,

Well it's nearly mid-day here and I am sitting here with a cup ot tea (PG Tips) and thinking of all you poor folks wanting rain:confused:  It's actually NOT raining just now :eek:  but it's the wettest May since 1983 and we are not at the end of May yet :rolleyes:  Mum wanted some shrubs planted and I dug a hole only about 10" deep and hit the water table. The bottom of the hole was filling up. We have troughs of water laying in the plough furrows on our 5 acre field. The farmer who rents it has not been able to harrow it or do anything else as it's been so wet. We are thinking of levelling the field and planting it with trees will have to dig some ditches across it to help drain it I am thinking.

Well have a nice Sunday morning in the US :D

Oh it's also a public Holoday here in the UK. Spring bank Holiday and there is the Pheonix meeting and gun show on at Bisley, I cannot make it but a friend has taken 3 rifles and a hendsodlt scope of mine which I am hoping to sell. A Winchester P-14, and two Boer Mausers, M93 DWM carbine and rifle.
Go Get them Floyd!

tn.varmit

Good Mawnin! Jest a sittin here a drinkin a cup of coffee a tryin to put me haid on strait. Stayed up late watchin King Tuts Tomb or sumtin like that. The lit`l Varmit wanted to watch it so me and Tn.Vixin did the parental watch thing with him. Plan to go visit some gone but not forgotten vetran freinds and place some flowers and flags to pay my respect and graditude. I never met Tn.Vixin`s stepfather (he was a captin in the airforce during Nam) but I sure would have liked to. We have his flag in a display case in the gun cabinet. Well Vixin`s out of the shower so I guess it`s my turn. Sure do hope she didn`t use up all the hot water.

buckshot roberts

:D Thanks for the tea,Ya'll have a good day,:cool: Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

rockinbbar

Thanks BH!

BTW, Happy Birthday to TnVarmit as well......Ya need help with them cabdles, over there? :D :D

Barry
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

Daryl (deceased)

Good morning folks.

We could sure use some of that rain here, Brithunter.  We have a pretty bad fire burning in the Huachucas, or did yesterday.  As bad as it was, I'm doubtful that it's out.  No smoke this morning, but I've a feeling there will be in just a little while.

Hopefully they'll get it under control quick.

Anyway, y'all take care and have a good day!

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

gitano

The fire season has started with a vengence here in AK. In the past week there have 5 within 20 miles of my house. Most under 100 acres, but the wind has been blowing about 40 for the last 24 hours, and things are gettng bad. We have amore than a decade's-worth of standing dead spruce, killed by a spruce bark beetle infestation. The tree-huggers (literally) won't let anybody cut any down -  God forbid you should remove a bug-killed fire hazard. These trees are basically standing matches, waithing to be 'struck'.

On the plus side, the weather has been gorgeous for the past three days, and looks like it will continue for the next 5 at least. Setting all kinds of new temperature records. Almost broke 80 yesterday. ;)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Daryl (deceased)

Well, the fire in the Huachucas is picking up speed.  It's dry as old dust, and the wind's starting to blow.

The air-tankers started at about 7:00 AM, and as near as I can tell there's three of them.  Not sure what else is being done, but that fire's in some rugged country.

Hope they get it under control soon.  That's some beautiful country in there, but it's thick with manzanita.  It burns fast and hot, so we'll see!

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Hunterbug

It's going to be bad here too. They showed pictures of the area above Boulder from 100 years ago and there were 40-50 trees per acre, now there are 200. Not good. We need some big fires to do what they won't let logging companies do.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Daryl (deceased)

Here's a link to the local paper and what they're reporting.  It's isn't looking too good right now, but I'm not really in any danger.  The fire is about 10 miles from me, and it'll run out of fuel when it leaves the mountains.

http://svherald.com/articles/2006/05/28/local_news/news2.txt

Daryl

RIP Linden33

buckshot roberts

:( Daryl I sure hope so, If I could do anything to help I would,HB, Paul an  Barry we had some bad fires here in march, an one got to with in 3 miles of home, I fell for you guys, all the time we were watching the hill's just hopen it would not come any closer, ya'll take care. Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Tags: