Draw for blinds went well!!!!

Started by Vermonster, October 16, 2006, 04:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vermonster

Well, it's that time of year again. If you didn't read my post from last year, I'll quickly sum it up. Here in California near San Diego, there is not alot of public land/water to hunt waterfowl on. Most of the Lakes are City/County owned for water supplies. So, 2 of them allow hunting. And, in true Liberal/California form, you have to pay. They have hunting on Wed. and Sat., from this weekend till the end of January (100 day season). So, they give out the blinds on a lottery basis. About 150 people show up and put their name in, and you then pick up to six dates (3 can be a Sat), and pay $20 for each day you pick. You can have 2 other people hunt with you in your area/blind. Opening day is the primo day to get, and you need to be in the top 20 picks to be sure of getting one.

Well, last year I was 110 or so, so I got leftovers. the year before I was 40 or so, and got some decent dates. So, this year, i figured it was my time, especially since I have to be somewhere for opening day and can't hunt. Well, sure enough, my buddy was picked 7, and I got drawn lucky #13. So, we both took opening day, and the spread out our picks over the season.

But, I can't hunt the opener...... :frown Oh well, I have the next 2 Saturday's and Wednesday's, so it's not all bad!!!! ;)

Can't wait to get out on the 28th...... :cool:

Daryl (deceased)

I still can't get used to the idea of having to draw for a place to hunt, but I guess with the California population being what it is, they have to do something.

Congrat's on the draw!  Hope the weather is good to you on the days you hunt!

:)

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Tags: