Utah Hunt

Started by m gardner, August 24, 2007, 02:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m gardner

I finally went to Utah to hunt. It's a general unit and supposedly has little promise. I hunt away from the roads and hoards of roadhunters. I saw over 30 bucks and passed 15 of them before arrowing this one. He was with a 30 inch 2 point that I couldn't quite get on. He's real good eating and not a bad trophy for a wrinkly old guy. Here's a picture of little Droppy with mature antlers and some other photos too. God bless.
Mark

3DSkeeter

Great pics and congrats on the mulie!  Nice deer.

Vermonster

Congrats!!!!  Love the look of the velvet.  :biggthumpup:

RatherBHuntin

It's a shame that area of Utah didn't have any promise.:biggthumpup:   I suppose you'll go there next year again just to get away and have some peace and quiet.  Nice looking dear.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

gitano

Way to go Mark!
What's the story on the bear?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

m gardner

The bears are plentiful and just wander around. I finally got a photo of one. Lots of them are colorphase bears. This one is chocolate. There are cinnamon and blonde too. They present no threat and don't bother the camps. I think it's because they can hound them (run them with dogs).
Mark

davidlt89

Nice looking deer Mark. Wish things would of worked out and I could of been there with you guys, especially after seeing the pictures. did you get any video? If so, I will be expecting a package. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

m gardner

No video this year. I took very few pictures either. I was covered up with deer most of the time and couldn't move much. There were two 30 inch plus giants there, probably B&C all time candidates. Next year I'll take more time. I only had 4 days partly because I thought it would be easy.
Mark

Mauserfan in TX

Congrats on a job well done. I love the pics too. That looks like some rugged country where you were.
8\'s is Great
Col Charles Askins

Gmoney

Excellent job!

Pumping me up!
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

bowhunter 51

Looks like a good'un, Mark...and with a bow, too...Excellent!:biggthumpup: ..BH51
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

Antler3

Congrats to you !!!!  Sounds like a really good trip !  In the second picture posted is there another buck maybe laying down to the left and back of the one standing ???
ANTLER 3

Tags: